Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Hoovers.

If you think Hoovers suck you should see us blow!

"Tim Heraud's the name, the dog's called Bulla" said the King country cat and the black dog crouching on my kitchen floor in Grey lynn. "I heard you play drums?"
Not again I thought, (still no drum kit). "Our drummer just quit but you can use hers, her name is Fiona... do you mind if we call you Fiona to save confusion?"

By now we were living in a beaten up villa (ex brothel) in Auckland having sold the Helensville property and settled our affairs there.
I had a job as a sign writer / production manager and as luck would have it two of my colleagues owned drum kits. I bought a half size Aria kit from Mykie (pictured) and later a black Tama Rockstar kit from Mark James.




















The Hoovers at the Kiwi Tavern: Stuart Hoover: Guitars and BV's, Harmen (Fiona) Hoover: Drums and BV's Tim Hoover: Guitar, Vocals and songs and Early Dave Hoover: Double bass and BV's.

Stewart Shepherd, Harmen Hielkema, Tim Heraud, Dave Wishart.

To read a bit more about the Hoovers from a different perspective try this link.

No comments: