Sunday, June 25, 2017

Wooden, collapsible guitar stand (copyright Harmen Hielkema 2003)

Custom, demolition kauri, guitar stand. Design copyright by Harmen Hielkema 2003.


Custom, demolition kauri, guitar stand. Design copyright by Harmen Hielkema 2003.

Custom, demolition kauri, guitar stand. Design copyright by Harmen Hielkema 2003.


Almost at the end of my custom guitar stand project which I have been constructing for an old guitarist friend of mine. There's only a final sand and varnish followed by padding after which I can hand it over.

This stand, just like the other 4 I've built features a monogram, in this case "BF". I enjoy using my old graphic design skills to create a monogram and then carving it into the timber surface. It's a quality gift for life made from recycled New Zealand native timber, in this case, Kauri.

If you'd like one or would like to make a gift of one leave me a message. I'd be pleased to customise my design to suit you.