Saturday, December 17, 2011

A new matching snare drum for my kit

I recently bought an additional snare drum from TradeMe.

The listing read:

"This drum started it's life as a Pearl Free floating shell - was converted to a snare by Bruce King using 16 Slingerland lugs. It has COB hoops and except for not having a zoomatic strainer, looks exactly like the real thing. In excellent condition. Fitted with coated pointsripe and active snare system. Comes with a hard case (a hard plastic briefcase which is converted to a drum case).















This is a very nice snare drum, so I decided to sell my Yamaha Stage custom 14 x 5 inch.
Here's the original catalog image from 1973.

Link to more information about the Buddy Rich 4 x 14 inch snare.






















Now my kit looks integrated with snare and toms matching the Maple hoops of the bass drum and most importantly it sounds great.

Now that Julie and I have moved house we have set up a large music studio in the loft with plenty of rehearsal room.

No comments: